1/15/2007

Both Feets On The Ground

After over 24 hours of travel we finally made it. I believe it's the longest series of flights I've ever been on and I think I lost 12 pounds in the process. No matter how much water one drinks, it's dehydrated from your body quite rapidly.
But everything is cool.
We're staying at a really nice place called, New Siam II, and we've been chowing down on some really great street food. We even took in the sites at the Grand Palace of which my favorite highlight was the Museum of Firearms. It featured some really cool ornate muskets, revolver rifles, and 4 barreled shotguns from a by-gone era (I can't remember the name, let alone spell it). Unfortunately we couldn't take any pictures in the museum...but what you could take on the royal grounds is quite amazing. Though I'll have to defer you to Jess, as prying the camera from her would have put me in a Thai prison doing hard labor.
Anyway, we're trying to make our way out of Bangkok up North, but the trains are booked until the 20th. So...we're trying to piecemeal our way by using a government bus. Apparently it's the more trusting of transportation next to the trains. Many a luggage has not made the journey unlooted.
Well I'll I'm getting tired as it's...9:18 pm on a Monday night, and 6:15 a.m. Seattle time on Monday. Talk about time travel, can't beat it.
=s=

No comments: