2/21/2007

NYC Solo

Well I'm heading out tomorrow to NYC. Like the title says, The Jessie is not accompanying me. The reality is I've really only got a couple of days downtown, the other part will be wandering around Connecticut where my sister and brother-in-law live. I'm always curious what kind of pictures I'll capture each time I go. I debated again, whether or not to bring paint as it's been quite cold outside.
There are cafe's and other indoor areas I can explore...I'm sure of it.
Also I'll be attending the New York City Comicon, my first time. I like to dip in and get a headful of inspiration from time to time, and put faces with names. Not quite as exotic as Thailand but you'd be hard pressed to find an odder group of people crammed into one building.
Let's see what kind of blogging I'll be able to accomplish in the states, shall we?
=s=

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Shane, I'll be the first to bite.

NYC sounds fun & exciting (& educational!) So, is ComiCon affiliated with ConEd? Probably not, but you can check them both out on your trip anyway.

Doing some painting and-or sketching in a few local cafe/coffee houses could be reminicent of a little "Too-Loose" Lautrec. Maybe you can find an interesting dance hall???

I wanted to tell you that I like your "emoticon" of the shark on your blog page at the end of your mission statement. Reminds me of that Irish rock group "An Emotional Fish" .... ask Jess.

Looking forward to seeing you and Jess in SD this summer! If you think Thailand was exotic .......

Artisto-dad

Shane White said...

Yeah..South Dakota...can't wait. I think we'll be stopping along the way to take in the sites, and do some painting.

Should be fun.

=s=